OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Agreement: These rules govern the FATHER’S DAY CONTEST ("Contest"). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Metroland Media Group Ltd. ("Sponsor”). The prize supplier is Golf Town Limited (“Prize Supplier”)
- Eligibility: Contest is open to residents of Ontario, who have attained the age of 18 as of the start of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or the Prize Supplier or either of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, (including advertising or promotional agencies) or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one entry per person.
- Contest: The Contest Period begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on May 20, 2021 and ends at 9:00 a.m. ET on June 10, 2021 (the "Contest Period"). There are two ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize:
i) Place a Father’s Day announcement in a Metroland community newspaper: During the Contest Period, read these rules, go to www.metrolandannouncements.com and purchase a Father’s Day announcement to be automatically entered into the Contest .You must provide a valid credit card at the time of purchase. No cancellations or refunds will be allowed on the announcement.
ii) By Email: During the Contest Period, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Father’s Day Contest, your full name, email address, telephone number and an original 50- word essay about why your dad is the best. Please note that your e-mail entry must be accompanied by a unique original essay.
- Winner Selection: The potential winner will be chosen by a random draw from among all eligible entries received, which will take place within one week of June 10th, 2021. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his or her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
- Prize: There is a total of one (1) Prize available to be won consisting of one (1) $500.00 Golf Town electronic gift card. Approximate retail value of the prize is $500.00 CAD. Unauthorized use, reproduction or resale of gift card is prohibited. Safeguard your gift card. Gift card will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. Gift card may not be exchanged for cash. Any purchase for an amount greater than the available balance of your gift card must be paid with an alternative method of payment. Unless otherwise specified, gift card cannot be combined with any other discounts, specials or offers. Sponsor or Prize Supplier reserve the right to limit, revoke or refuse the use of a gift card at any time at its sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, gift card may expire, and other terms and conditions may apply – see Prize Supplier for details.
- Prize Claim: The prize will be coordinated and sent via email to the winner by the Prize Supplier to the email addresses provided by the winner. If the potential winner fails to provide a valid email address to the Sponsor within 48 hours of notification that he/she has been selected as the potential winner, such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another potential winner using the method described above. Sponsor shall not be responsible for or liable for unclaimed, lost, damaged, or stolen prizes. The Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize. If the potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem the prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited, and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
- Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the potential winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor, its related parties and Prize Supplier from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name, city/province of residence, statements and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or the Prize Supplier, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
- Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Prize Supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the "Released Parties") from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; or your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor and Prize Supplier reserve the right to substitute any prize or portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Supplier shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage, injury, or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Supplier is responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access supplier, online service supplier, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.