OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Agreement: These rules govern the FIRST ONTARIO CREDIT UNION CONTEST ("Contest"). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of the Contest rules, and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Metroland Media Group Ltd. ("Sponsor”). The prize supplier is First Ontario Credit Union (“Prize Supplier”)
- Eligibility: Contest is open to parents or guardians of a qualifying student who is graduating from an Ontario secondary school in June 2021 and who, as of the start of the Contest Period, resides in one of the following postal codes: L0R, L7L, L7M, L7N, L7P, L7R, L7S, L7T, L8B, L8E, L8G, L8H, L8J, L8K, L8L, L8M, L8N, L8P, L8R, L8S, L8T, L8V, L8W, L9A, L9B, L9C, L9E, L9G, L9H, L9K, L9T. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e., spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or the Prize Supplier or either of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, (including advertising or promotional agencies) or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one entry per qualifying student.
- Contest: The Contest Period begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on May 28, 2021 and ends at 9:00 a.m. ET on June 30, 2021 (the "Contest Period"). There are two ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize:
- i) Order a Graduation Lawn Sign sponsored by First Ontario Credit Union: During the Contest Period, go to THE PRODUCT PAGE HERE, read these rules, and purchase a Graduation Lawn Sign sponsored by and displaying the logo of First Ontario Credit Union to be automatically entered into the Contest. You must provide a valid credit card at the time of purchase. No cancellations or refunds will be allowed on the order. Limit of one entry per qualifying student.
- ii) By Email: To enter without purchasing a sign that is sponsored by and displaying the logo of First Ontario Credit Union, email firstname.lastname@example.org during the Contest Period, with the subject line “First Ontario Credit Union Contest”, your full name, email address, telephone number and an original 50-word essay about why you would like to win the scholarship for your qualifying student. Please note that your e-mail entry must be accompanied by a unique original essay. Limit of one (1) entry per qualifying student. Proof of emailing is not proof of receipt.
- 5. Winner Selection: The potential winners will be chosen by a random draw from among all eligible entries received, which will take place at the Sponsor’s offices. The potential winners will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, such potential winner will be disqualified, his or her entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select at random another eligible entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible entry. In order to be eligible to win, each potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid.
- Prize: There is a total of two (2) Prizes available to be won each consisting of one (1) $500.00 scholarship from First Ontario Credit Union in the name of winner’s qualifying student. Approximate retail value of each prize is $500.00 CAD. Unauthorized use, reproduction or resale of the award is prohibited. Safeguard your prize. Prizes will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. Sponsor or Prize Supplier reserve the right to limit, revoke or refuse the use of the award at any time at its sole discretion. Except where prohibited by law, award may expire, and other terms and conditions may apply – see Prize Supplier for details.
- Prize Claim: The prizes will be coordinated and distributed to the winners by the Prize Supplier either by a curbside presentation to the winner’s qualifying student at his/her home or via a virtual presentation by video call. Arrangements will be made by email between the winner and the Prize Supplier. If a potential winner fails to provide a valid email address to the Sponsor within 48 hours of notification that he/she has been selected as a potential winner, such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select another potential winner using the method described above. Sponsor shall not be responsible for or liable for unclaimed, lost, damaged, or stolen prizes. The Sponsor will not mail or courier the prize. If the potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem the prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited, and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
- Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the potential winners will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor, its related parties and Prize Supplier from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name, his or her qualifying student’s name, city/province of residence, statements and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or the Prize Supplier, and each of their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification, or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant.
- Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, the Prize Supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the "Released Parties") from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your or your qualifying student’s receipt or use of any prize; or your violation of any term of these Contest rules or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit of one prize per person. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor and Prize Supplier reserve the right to substitute any prize or portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Supplier shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage, injury, or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Neither the Sponsor nor the Prize Supplier is responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access supplier, online service supplier, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.